The South Florida School Safety & Security Summit, also known as “SFS4”, will bring together designers, building officials, policy makers, solution providers and others who want to make our public, private and charter K-12 schools as well as higher education institutions safe without making them feel like prisons. The event will focus on physical enhancements that can made to new and existing schools taking into consideration the impacts of those improvements on the building occupants, Senate Bill 9026, building codes, fire safety as well as school operations and culture.
Who We Are
We are a group of design and construction professionals, safety & security experts, educators, administrators and local government officials who have been moved by the events that have taken place at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, Sandy Hook Elementary School, Virginia Tech and too many more of these types of tragedies. We have committed ourselves to identifying facility solutions and sharing information that will result in safe and secure educational environments which allow students and educators to focus on learning without being concerned for their safety.
Who Should Attend the SFS4?
Fire Safety Officials
High Education Officials
Public School Facility Managers
Safety & Security Vendors
State/Local School Officials
Students & Teacher
Why you should attend?
Presentations from Designers, Building Officials, Policy Makers, and Solution Providers
7:00AM-8:00AM – Registration/Breakfast
8:00AM-9:00AM – General Session
9:00AM – 10:00AM – Breakout Sessions 1A + 1B
10:00AM – 11:00AM – Breakout Sessions 2A + 2B
11:00AM – 12:00PM – Breakout Sessions 3A + 3B
12:00PM – 1:30PM – Lunch: General Session
1:30PM – 3:00PM –
Breakout Session 4A: K-12 Roundtable
Breakout Session 4B: Higher Education Roundtable
3:00PM – 5:30PM – Vendor Solutions, Exhibit Hall and Reception
Call for Presenters.
Join our lineup of dynamic industry experts!
Call for Speakers Now Closed
The South Florida School Safety & Security Summit invites your organization to Partner with us today!
(Packages may be customized to meet your marketing needs and objectives)
Title Sponsor (Sold!)
Platinum Sponsor $5,000
Sponsor a School $250
WHY ATTEND SFS4?
Come share information, ideas and thoughts on physical security improvements that can and should be made to our public, charter and private schools without making them feel like prisons. Hear from safety and security experts, school facility managers, building officials, elected leaders, law enforcement officials and others as well as contribute your own viewpoints on balancing the various needs, laws and constraints for making physical improvements to our schools.
$55 Early Bird
$70 After 3-15-19
Government and Schools
$25 Early Bird
$35 After 3-15-19
(Email/Call for scholarship information)
Hurry! Early bird ticket sales end on March 15th, 2019.
Host Committee Members
- Juan Alfonso, Associate Vice President, AECOM
- Thomas Hogarth, Director of Building Code Services, School District of Palm Beach County
- Donna Korn, School Board Member, Broward County Public Schools
- Leon M. Lipsick, Risk Control Manager, West Palm Beach Housing Authority and Florida Design Out Crime Association
- Brian Mead, Sales Consultant, Allegion
- Shelley N. Meloni, Director of Pre-Construction, Broward County Public Schools
- Dr. Rosalind Osgood, School Board Member, Broward County Public Schools
- Dr. Tyler F. Patak, Parker/Mudgett/Smith Architects, Inc. and Florida Design Out Crime Association
- Wanda Paul, Chief Operating Officer, School District of Palm Beach County
- Debra Robinson, School Board Member, School District of Palm Beach County
- Joseph Sanches, President, D. Stephenson Construction
- Ann Marie Sorrell, President & CEO, The Mosaic Group
- Rene Tercilla, Principal, Harvard Jolly Architecture
- Erica Whitfield, School Board Member, School District of Palm Beach County